The original 25lb bag of Sky Blue Reflective Tempered Fire Glass I purchased for my custom fire table wasn’t enough for the 36″ x 12″ fire pan. So, I just purchased another 25lb bag. It is hard to believe the online, and local, fireplace shops sell the fire glass at such outrageous prices. In some cases, they wanted $49 per pound (ridiculous for sure) and definitely not the best price.
After a quick online search for Sky Blue Reflective Tempered Fire Glass, I landed on Kmart’s website. The price was only $59 for 25lbs (minus a $5.00 discount offered through the Kmart/Sears Shop Your Way rewards program).
So, if you are looking for fire glass for your fireplace, fire pit, table or wall mounted fireplace, check Kmart for the best price. Also, check Amazon and Home Depot – the fire glass was sold “online only” at Home Depot the last time I checked. The Sky Blue Reflective Tempered Fire Glass was about the same price at Amazon, Home Depot and Kmart but Kmart offered the $5 discount as well as free shipping. The fire glass was delivered (UPS standard freight shipping) in less than a week.
Reflective Fire Glass is tempered to create a more uniformed shape; it has a mirror effect on one side and it is ideal for natural gas and propane fire applications. It will not melt, degrade, or produce toxic fumes. The glass size is 1/4″ approximately. The recommended glass height in propane fire pits or fireplaces is 1 in. over the burner; for natural gas fire pits or fireplaces the recommended height is 2 in. over the burner.
- Dragon Glass at Amazon: Dragon Glass 25 lb. Fireglass Fireplace Fire Pit Glass Sky Blue Reflective Tempered Fire Glass 1/4″
Stainless-Steel Fire Pan: My fire pan is rather large so I needed a lot of fire glass. I purchased a 12″ x 36″ stainless-steel fire pan after searching on Amazon and other websites. It is a rather large fire pan but the size works well with the patio furniture we purchased.
- Fire Pan: 12″ x 36″ (fire pan propane stainless-steel) with propane tank hook-up kit, hoses, shut-off value, and electronic igniter (battery operated).
(Stainless Steel Drop-In Fire Pit Pan and Burner – Amazon vendor)
- Top: 3′ x 5′ (granite purchase from local shop)
- Table Base: 2′ x 4′ built using 4″ x 4″ treated lumber (legs), 1″ x 4″ treated lumber (frame), 1″ x 4″ cedar boards, plywood, and reclaimed scrap wood (side panels)
- Adjustable feet – table levelers
I hope this helps – enjoy!